Thursday, September 24, 2009

Blue Moon in a Bud Light bottle?





First Budweiser takes a swipe at what was the ever growing amber ale market with their American Ale, now they're moving in on the wheat beer market. I don't know how long they've been running their commercials, but this weekend was the first time I saw one and it got my interest. Bud Light Wheat Beer is set for distribution on October 5th and seeks to claim a spot next to the popular Blue Moon. Early reviews of the beer, from those who attended the sneak peek sessions at the various Anheuser-Busch breweries, don't seem too high on the beer, with most noting that the taste is weak. I'll be sure to have a taste as soon as possible. I still have yet to try the American Ale, as most people told me to avoid it, but I think I'll give this venture a try.

1 comment:

timsagirl said...

A light wheat beer? I thought wheat beers were supposed to be hearty and loaded with unfiltered grains. If you take out the carbs to make it a light beer, it doesn't seem like there would be any wheat left!